Household Escapes Fire Disaster in Ganta

GANTA, Nimba – At least 17 people have narrowly escaped a fire disaster in the Catholic Community, in Ganta after fire gutted a four-bedroom house.

The fire, which occurred at about 12:30 a.m. on Monday, was a result of electrical faults. Besides the personal belongings in the house, the fire also destroyed a minibus, two motorcycles, and a generator.

“All I can say is thank God for saving our lives,” said a young woman who escaped the fire. “Just imagine, for 17 persons to be in [a] house that has caught fire—we just thank God. We never took a single thing from the house; we [were] only fighting for our lives. As you can see us, we have nothing.”

One of the victims, Paul Zourpeawon, was so disturbed by the fire that he was at a loss for words. Paul owns the His Grace Business Center on Ganta’s Main Street, in addition to the Pioneer Early Child Foundation School in Ganta and Karnplay.

Meanwhile, hundreds of residents from the Catholic Community and other communities around Ganta have been coming in to sympathize with the victims.

Featured photo by Arrington Ballah

Arrington Ballah

A resident of Ganta, Nimba County, Arrington has a background working with credit unions and other organizations dedicated to rural finance.

The Bush Chicken is a young operation and we need your support to keep bringing you great content. Please support us.

Monthly   Yearly   One time

Gold Level Supporter—$250/year
Silver Level Supporter—$100/year
Bronze Level Supporter—$50/year
Or pick your own amount: $/year
Gold Level Supporter—$250
Silver Level Supporter—$100
Bronze Level Supporter—$50
Supporter—$20
Or pick your own amount: $
Contributions to The Bush Chicken are not tax deductible.

Related posts

Top